Asset Manager provides the capability to ingest and push data about your network devices to and from Rapid7 via API.
How It Works
Asset Manager creates an asset group on the Rapid7 server that is either zone specific or global, depending on user's configuration. An Asset Manager zone called "ZoneName," for example, will create an asset group in Rapid7 called "Lumeta ZoneName."
Asset Manager pushes IP addresses to Rapid7and it then populates asset groups within its environment.
Configuring the Rapid Feed in Asset Manager
To configure the Rapid7 integration:
- On Asset Manager's main menu, browse to Settings > Integrations > Rapid7.
- Enable the feed by clicking the Off slider.
- Input a Polling Interval to indicate the time that should elapse between fetching the latest feed data.
- Input the IP address or system name of your Rapid7 server.
- Input your Rapid7 credentials.
- To connect on specific port, input the desired port number in Security Console Port. Otherwise, leave the default port, 3780.
- Indicate whether you would like to publish data to a Rapid7 site:
- Push all - By default (i.e., with the Asset Mapping by Zone checkbox cleared), assets for all zones will be pushed to the single site called "Asset Manager Global" in Rapid7.
Push some - If you would like to push only some zone details to Rapid7, select the Asset Mapping by Zone checkbox, and in addition check those zones you want to push. A site named for each selected zone will be created in Rapid7.
- Push none - If you don't want to push any data to Rapid7, check Asset Mapping by Zone and clear all the zone checkboxes.
- Click Submit.
The configuration is saved. Devices ingested from Rapid7 are stored in the "rapid7_managed_hosts" table.
Specifying a Port in Rapid7
To set a port in Rapid7, change the web server port on the Security Console Configuration page.