The RedSeal integration tells you which forwarders and endpoints on your enterprise network are either undefended by RedSeal or unknown to Asset Manager. By comparing Asset Manager's comprehensive index of all your network devices against that subset of network devices managed by RedSeal, you can generate a list of network hosts that are not managed by RedSeal. Asset Manager helps identify the gaps in coverage, so your team can close them. Asset Manager software is able to ingest data via an API call and push data to RedSeal via the plug-in.
This page provides an overview of the RedSeal integration and how to configure it in Asset Manager.
How Does It Work?
- Asset Manager queries RedSeal and retrieves its inventory of devices under management.
- Asset Manager correlates this inventory against its own authoritative index of IP address space.
- Asset Manager highlights the commonalities and differences into views:
- Asset Manager-only IPs: IP addresses Asset Manager knows about, but are unmanaged by RedSeal
- RedSeal-only IPs: IP addresses RedSeal knows about, but are unknown to Asset Manager (e.g., if Asset Manager does not have access to a network or an off-network device, but RedSeal is still aware of the client agent)
- RedSeal- & Asset Manager-Managed IPs: IP addresses both Asset Manager and RedSeal know about.
This information is available in Asset Manager via the RedSeal Management dashboard.
Configuring the RedSeal Feed via GUI
Configure the RedSeal feed as follows:
- On the Asset Manager toolbar, navigate to Settings > Integrations > RedSeal.
- Enable the threat feed by moving Active slider to the right.
- Input a Polling Interval to indicate the time that should elapse between fetching the latest feed data.
- Input your customer key.
- Input the IP address of your RedSeal server.
- Click Submit.
Configuring the RedSeal Feed via CLI
To enable the RedSeal feed:
- Log in the CLI
- Enter the command system feed set redseal enabled true
The feed is enabled.
To disable the RedSeal feed:
- Log in the CLI.
- Enter the command system feed set redseal enabled false
The feed is disabled.
Other RedSeal CLI commands:
- system feed set redseal pollInterval - Time between checks - system feed set redseal pollInterval 24
- system feed set redseal server - Set feed server name or IP address - system feed set redseal server 220.127.116.11
- system feed set redseal username - Set server username - system feed set redseal username uiadmin
- system feed set redseal password - Set RedSeal server password - system feed set redseal password 978!78a